Tuesday, September 9, 2008

re: X-Noir

As I mentioned last month, Marvel's been running a series of ads that I found very interesting: black and white with just a splash of color and a small saying to correspond with the character. I speculated that we had a potential X-Noir event coming up, an out-of-continuity story featuring Marvel characters in an old-school noir setting. Me being a sucker for that sort of thing, I immediately posted all the ads that had ben released and begged and pleaded that it was an Ed Brubaker project.

Well, more information - and more ads - have come up, and I was at least partly right.

First off, the two new ads...



...and...



...there we have it.

That's not all, however. Earlier today, at the recent Diamond Retailer Summit, Newsarama reported that Marvel announced a number of upcoming projects, many of which are spinning out of Secret Invasion. What had me a little excited is the announcement of Marvel Noir, a line beginning with an X-Men mini, moving onto Spider-Man, and then continuing on if it proves successful.

Sadly, I later learned that this is not a Brubaker-helmed project as Comic Book Resources got an interview with Fred Van Lente and Dennis Calero about their ideas for the mini. It sounds interesting, and the link to the CBR interview is above for you to read by yourself, but Van Lente is a relative unknown to me, so I'm not sure how it'll turn out.

Still, pretty cool news to share with you all for my 100th POST! Woohoo! My blog is officially in the triple-digits.

I couldn't have done it without my two readers, who aren't very faithful, and may be imaginary.

Thank you all.

No comments: