Sunday, September 7, 2008

Felicia Day is Adorable - aka The Guild

I likely never would have heard of Felicia Day if not for Dr. Horrible's Sing-A-Long Blog - which all of you should have watched by now - and I probably never would have heard of this ongoing project of hers if not for Penny Arcade. That said, I have seen Dr. Horrible, and I did find out through Penny Arcade, and so I present to you...

http://www.watchtheguild.com/

...The Guild! The Guild is a ten-episode long (thus far) series of short episodes starring, written by, and produced by Felicia Day. In it, she plays Codex, one member of the Knights of Good, an obsessive guild in an MMO, and the series follows the real-life trials the Guild must face together. It's over the top and a little bizarre, but it's also funny and just a little sweet, in large part thanks to Day's performance. Awkward comedy can be tough to do, but when it's done well, it's great to see.

Let's face it, if you're reading my blog, there's a pretty good chance you're a geek. And that does kind of make you the target audience of The Guild. So go watch it, dammit.

No comments: