Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Legendary, pt II

Tomorrow there's a Build A Legend (Silver) Tournament I'm attending. Not a big one, but I still had to build something. I like my Invisible Woman deck, but it's certainly nothing special, and my complete apathy for the characters and teams involved means I definitely won't be sticking with it.

So, for all of you, here's a drastically inferior (right now) deck, the one that I'll be taking with me.

Legendary (pt 2): Beast Boy/Wonder Woman
1
3x Ray Palmer <> The Atom, World's Smallest Hero
4x Aztek, Champion of Quetzalcoatl
1x Elasti-Girl, Rita Farr

2
1x The Chief, Niles Caulder
3x Red Tornado, Elemental Andriod
2x Adam Strange, Champion of Rann

3
4x Beast Boy, Garfield Logan
2x Mento, Steve Dayton

4
2x Negative Man, Larry Trainor
2x Wonder Woman, Ambassador of Peace

5
3x Robotman, Cliff Steele

6
2x Beast Boy, Freak of Nature

7
3x Wonder Woman, Founding Member

PT
4x The Multiverse, Team-Up
3x Forbidden Loyalties, Team-Up
2x Headstrong Charge
4x Call of the Wild
4x Fury of the Amazons
4x Misfits
3x Freak Out

Location
3x Dayton Manor

Equip
3x Lasso of Truth

Now, as I always say, I only build with what I have, normally. No Enemy for me, and I only currently have 2 Mobilize, so that's not the best option. Even so, I think that there are a few changes I would definitely make. First, axe the 1-drops. I generally just don't have much use for the little bastards, other than an early team-up and discard fodder. They're not bad...I'd just rather put more 2, 3, and 4 drops in their place. That's all I'll go with for now, but there are improvements to be made. It's also 62 cards, but that's the price I pay for wanting to do a dual-legend deck while lacking one or two cards. Also, you'll notice 1-ofs like The Chief...yeah, in two boxes of DCL, I pulled 1 Chief, two Mento, 1 Elasti-Girl, 1 Dayton Manner, and 14 Robotman. Friends traded me the rest of the Doom Patrol stuff.

On a decent draw, turn 7 will often be a 15/15-19/19 Beast Boy, a 13/13 Robotman, and a Wonder Woman with a couple Fury of the Amazons. And that should be the ballgame.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How'dya go?