Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Rejiggering the Blog

Well, I'm sure my faithful reader noticed a drying up in recent months. There are, of course,a variety of reasons - read: excuses - for this. Having no one with which to play VS, I have trouble finding the motivation to create and test decks as often as I once did. Having no job and therefore no money, I have trouble finding the cashflow to buy a suitable amount of MEV, especially knowing how unlikely it is pull what I want/need. Hearing nothing from UDE, I don't know what the future of this game is. Having Read/Rant, I already have an outlet for reviewing comic books.

So, what else is there? Well, I will of course be writing over the next month or two to try and figure out just what it is I want this blog for. I can never fully abandon VS - it was my passion for the game that brought me here, and that passion will take notably more than neglect and starvation to kill. And yet, if I hope to maintain 2-3 updates each week, I will need to find something to write about with the same passion that VS and its fabulous community inspires. Until UDE tells us SOMETHING about the game, it shall probably not feature heavily in the blog. Even if the game goes out, I'd just like to leave all the uncertainty behind.

Of course, this doesn't mean I'm not writing - I have two stories out there in the ether, submitted for consideration. I'm not wild about the chances of either, but I'll let you know if things go my way. As I mentioned before, I'm reviewing comics at Read/Rant, working on the follow up to the DC Project, and more. So, yes, as of now, I'm going to try and find a way to repurpose my blog. I suppose, if I do have any readers out there who enjoyed specific segments, what subjects would you all care to see more of?

Apologies for the long delay between posts. With hope, I can get this blog back on track. It's over a year old now. Here's to hoping it doesn't fall apart just yet.

No comments: